Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello friends.

A brief praise report.

Today was moving day.  My July sublease in Brookline ended, and I will be moving into a new apartment in Cambridge tomorrow.  In the meantime, I helped my roommate move today and was able to store my few belongings in her moving van.

Funny how one simple factor can throw your whole day off: rain.  Buckets and buckets were pouring down come 11:30am this morning.   We knew there was a thunderstorm forecast, but I didn't realize how debilitating this would be.  Running back and forth between the apartment and moving van, we found ourselves and our belongings drenched.  

12 noon--Enter prayer task force.   I sent out some text messages, asking you to cry out to God on behalf of this wet Boston weather.   Thank you for your prayers girls!  It was a unique feeling, knowing that a cohort of people were uniting in specific prayer for a specific request!  It was a powerful feeling.  Unfortunately, after I sent out the text messages the downpour suddenly increased.  Now I know what they mean by "sheets of rain." 

12:30-- waiting in the apartment by myself.  Cut off from my roommate who was waiting out the rain in the moving van outside.

1:04 --Jenny sends me a text message, "Let me know how things go.  : ) Elijah was a man just like us, he prayed earnestly and God answered."

1:15 --Rain stops!!!

Yay!  Today was a simple demonstration of answered prayer.  Practical prayer for practical matters.  It was SO exciting to be completely humbled on God by prayer, and to feel the power of prayer from others, and then to SEE prayer answered.  Thank you God so much for reminding me of your realness.  

Thanks so much for all your prayers today girls.  God heard us.  Let's not hesitate to share prayer requests with each other...then we can experience the excitement of receiving God's answers!

Can't wait to come back to *sunny* California.

love
Rach



1 comment:

  1. Praise God Rachel!! I am so encouraged to hear how He specifically answered your prayer!

    Can't wait to have you back in sunny CA...and to visit you in rainy MA! ;)

    ReplyDelete