Thursday, August 6, 2009

Living in Joy

Hi Gals,

With all that has been going on the revival, it seems easy to get caught up in excitement. However, I have really found that I tend to get depressed by how much there is for me to change. And I feel as though, even if I do change, I will have to work hard at it for the rest of my life to live in the way God desires. And it seems like life cannot be happy. But, last night God really spoke to me and showed me...Satan takes away joy, not obedience to God. He deceives us and makes us think, "There cannot be joy in doing God's will." But, praise God! He is more powerful than Satan and He GIVES joy! Even when things are difficult, the Holy Spirit can give us power not only to do them, but also to have JOY in doing.

I don't know if ya'll struggle with this, but I have found great peace in God. And now, when Satan comes to tempt me to get depressed and to feel like I can only obey and never have joy, I can say to him, "The Holy Spirit gives us power to obey quickly, exactly and with JOY." Hope this helps you feel encouraged in a time where a lot of sin is being revealed and a lot of hard work needs to be done to change it.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I have been struggling with that--letting Satan put all sorts of doubts and fears into my heart (I mean, seriously, I thought I was doing great and now all the sudden I find out that I am so far from where I should be, even so far from where I thought I was!). But God is bigger than my sin! "I was sinking deep in sin... but love lifted me!"

    ReplyDelete